An in-room safety deposit box is available in each guest room. Complimentary individual safety deposit boxes are also available at the Front Desk. We are not responsible for any loss of your money or valuables left in the room and we strongly recommend using the safety boxes.
We, Hotel KOE Tokyo, comply with Japan's strict fire prevention regulations and take every measure to protect safety of our guests. However, in case of fire, please follow the instructions below. Please read the instructions at your check-in and be careful not to cause a fire.
• at least two fire exits including the nearest one,
• the fire alarms and extinguishers in or near your room,
• how to switch off the air conditioner in your room, and
• the emergency exit plan on the back of the room door.
If you have any physical disabilities, please inform the Front Desk at xxxx
• never smoke in bed even if your room is a smoking room,
• follow the non-smoking signs in the Hotel,
• do not use anything that may cause a fire, including hot plates and other electrical or gas devices, anywhere in the hotel,
• do not touch fire alarms and fire distinguishers except for emergency, and
• never trash cigarette ends yourself. (When your ashtray is full, call Housekeeping at xxxx, We will bring a new ashtray.)
• stay calm, and call the Guest Relations immediately at xxxx,
• alert people nearby,
• evacuate from your room right away, bringing your room key with you,
• before opening the door, touch the door knob and, if it is heated, do not open the door,
• check the hallway and corridor and,
if you find thick smoke, shut the door quickly and stay in your room,
otherwise, walk or crawl along the wall to the nearest exit,
close the room door when you evacuate, and
• never use the elevator
• stay calm, and call the Guest Relations immediately at xxxx,
• cover your mouth and nose with a wet towel,
• evacuate from your room right away, bringing your room key with you,
• walk with a stoop or crawl to the nearest emergency exit through a way without heavy fire or smoke, and
• if you find heavy fire or smoke, return to your room, which is the safest place to be.
• stay calm, and call the Guest Relations immediately at xxxx to let us know your situation,
• turn off the air conditioner to prevent smoke flowing into the room,
• seal up the door with wet sheets, blankets or towels to keep out the smoke, and
• fill the bathtub, wastebaskets and the ice buckets with water, and throw water to keep the sheets, blankets or towels wet.
Minor earthquakes are not unusual in Tokyo area. This building has been built with the latest technology to withstand a very severe earthquake and will be stabilized in a few moments after the earthquake. In case of an earthquake, please:
• keep away from the windows,
• extinguish all cigarettes,
• protect yourself from falling objects,
• never use the elevator,
• wait for instructions, (Do not try to evacuate from the building. The safest place is usually your room.) and
• read the emergency exit plan on the back of your door.
• keep all of your valuables, including money, jewelry and important documents, in the in-room safety box or a safety deposit box at the Front Desk,
• bring your key with you when you go out, (All doors are to be automatically locked.)
• always put the door chain when you are in the room,
• check who he/she is at the door before you open and, if you are unsure he/she is a hotel employee, ask for the identification card, and
• if you find anything strange with the visitor, do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations.
Every guest is requested to observe and comply with the following House Regulations established by us, the Hotel KOE Tokyo (HKT), in accordance with Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation, in order to ensure that Hotel guests have a pleasant and safe stay and to maintain the quality of the hotel. If you do not comply with the House Regulations, we may refuse to stay in or use any of the Hotel facilities including the guest room, under Article 7.1 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation. We shall not be liable for any losses, damages or expenses caused by your failure to comply with this House Regulations.
Do not smoke in bed or any other place where smoking may cause a fire. Refrain from any other acts that may cause a fire.
Do not bring any heat-generating items including hot plates, ovens, stoves, and room heaters
Do not bring in the Hotel any of the following items, which may disturb or endanger other guests:
a) animals or birds of any kind except for guide dogs and assistance dogs,
b) gunpowder, oils or other explosives or flammable substances,
c) any items emitting offensive smell,
d) any items too large or massive to bring into the room, and
e) any unlawful or illegal items under the laws of Japan, including firearms, swords, cannabis, marihuana, stimulant drugs, and any other illegal drugs.
Do not invite visitors other than hotel guests to your room after 10 p.m.
Do not use your room for any purposes other than lodging.
Do not use the guest room nor the lobby for business purpose without our special permission,
Refrain from any acts that may violate laws or social standards, including gambling, or may cause any trouble with other people.
As for fixtures and tools for fire protection in the Hotel:
a) do not use them for any other purpose than originally intended,
b) do not bring them out of the Hotel,
c) do not move or modify them, and
d) do not touch security cameras, fire sensors or sprinklers.
You will be charged for any damage or loss of the HKT's facilities or properties inside or outside the Hotel caused by you or your guests.
Please do not wear the bathrobe (yukata) or slippers outside your room.
Do not bring or order meals and drinks from outside the Hotel.
We may refuse (i) a drunken person or any other person who may harm himself/herself, other people and/or property; and (ii) a sick or injured person without an appropriate attendant.
Please use the safety deposit boxes for your money and any other valuables. Safety boxes are available free of charge at the Front Desk and in your room. We shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of your valuables except for the case where Article 14 of the Terms and Conditions of Accommodation shall apply.
Please show your room key or guest card when would like us to charge any bills to your room at the restaurants, bars, or any other facilities in the Hotel.
Anyone under 20 years old may not stay or use the Hotel without appropriate attendance of his/ her guardian.
If the Front Cashier presents an invoice while your stay, please pay for it each time.
We will dispose any baggage or other belongings left in the Hotel in accordance with the applicable laws, unless the owner contacts us and give an appropriate instruction within 3 months after it was found.
Any agreements between the Hotel KOE Tokyo (the “Hotel”) and any guest thereof (the “Guest”) or a person who applies to stay at the Hotel (the “Applicants”), including the agreement with respect to the accommodation (the “Accommodation Agreements”), shall be governed by these Terms and Conditions and, as for any issues not provided herein, by laws, regulations, and/or generally accepted practices. In the case where the Hotel and the Guests has entered into a special agreement, to the extent permitted by laws, regulations and generally accepted practices, such agreement shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions.
The Applicants shall make an application for an Accommodation Agreement with informing the Hotel of the followings, and tender the charges for the accommodation (the “Accommodation Charges”) listed in the Annex 1 or otherwise agreed, or present a credit card accepted by the Hotel:
(1) Name of the Guest(s);
(2) Date(s) of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Other information requested by the Hotel.
In the case where the Guest, during his/her stay, requests to extend his/her stay, it shall be regarded as a new application at the time of such request.
The Accommodation Agreement shall be executed when the Hotel accept the application as stipulated in Article 2; provided, however, that the Accommodation Agreement shall not be effective if the Hotel has been proven that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
When the Accommodation Agreement has been executed in accordance with Article 3.1 above, the Guest shall pay the accommodation deposit, the amount of which shall be determined by the Hotel within the Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay, or 3 days if the period of stay exceeds 3 days, on or before the date specified by the Hotel.
The deposit shall be applied in accordance with the following order; (i) for the Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, (ii) cancellation fees, if the Accommodation Agreement is terminated under Article 6 or 7, and (iii) compensation of damages if any, after which the remainder, if any, shall be refunded.
If the Hotel specifies the due date of the deposit and the Guest has failed to pay it on or before such due date, the Accommodation Agreement shall be null and void.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 3.2 above, the Hotel may enter into a special agreeent, under which no accommodation deposit is required.
Article 4.1 above shall cover the cases where the Hotel does not request the deposit under Article 3.2 or does not specify the due date of the deposit at the time the acceptance of the application.
The hotel shall have the right to refuse the application for the accommodation if:
(1) the application does not comply with the Terms and Conditions;
(2) the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
(3) the Hotel reasonably determines that the Applicant is likely to violate any laws, or social standards in relation to his/her accommodations;
(4) the Applicant obviously carries any infectious disease;
(5) the Applicant commits any act of violence, or requests anything that would cause the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden in relation to his/her accommodation;
(6) the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, dysfunction of the facilities or other causes of force majeure;
(7) the Hotel reasonably determines that the Applicant harms, or is likely to harm, other guests, including the case where he/she is drunken, as set forth in the ordinance of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government; or
(8) the Hotel reasonably determines that the Applicant is a member or affiliate of an organized crime group or any other anti-social group.
The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Agreement by notifying the Hotel.
The Guest, who cancelled the Accommodation Agreement in whole or in part due to causes attributable to the Guest, shall pay the cancellation charges as listed in the Annex 2, except for the cases where the Hotel requested the deposit the specifying the due date under Article 3.2 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment of the deposit. In the case where the Guest and the Hotel entered into a special agreement as prescribed in Article 4.1 above, the Guest shall not be responsible for the cancellation charges mentioned above unless the Hotel notified the Guest, at the time of the execution of such agreement, of the obligation to pay the cancellation charges.
In the case where the Guest does not appear without any advance notice by 4:00pm or, if the Guest informed the expected arrival time in advance, 2 hours after the expected arrival time, on the arrival date, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Agreement as being cancelled by the Guest.
The hotel may cancel the Accommodation Agreement if:
(1) the Guest committed any act that violates any laws or social standards in relation to his/her accommodations or the Hotel reasonably determines that the Guest is likely to commit such acts;
(2) the Guest obviously carries any infectious disease;
(3) the Guest requests anything that would cause the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden in relation to his/her accommodation;
(4) the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities or any other causes of force majeure;
(5) the Hotel reasonably determines that the Guest harms, or is likely to harm, other guests, including the case where he/she is drunken, as set forth in the ordinance of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
(6) the Guest commits any acts prohibited, in order to prevent fires, under the rules set forth by the Hotel, including smoking in bed and tampering with the fire protection facilities;
(7) the Guest fails to perform any payment obligation to the Hotel; or
(8) the Hotel reasonably determines that the Guest is a member or affiliate of an organized crime group or any other anti-social group.
In the case where the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Agreement in accordance with Article 7.1 above, the Hotel will not charge the Guest for any services which he/she has not received.
The Guest shall register the following information at the front desk of the Hotel at his/her check in:
(1) name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) except for Japanese citizen, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry into Japan;
(3) date and estimated time of departure, and
(4) any other information requested by the Hotel.
In the case where the Guest intends to pay the Accommodation Charges under Article 11 by any means other than cash in Japanese Yen, such as traveler’s checks, coupons or credit cards, the Guests shall present such checks or cards at his/her check-in.
The Guest is entitled to use the guest room from 2:00pm on the arrival date until the noon on the departure date.
The hotel may, notwithstanding Article 9.1 above, at its discretion, permit the Guest to use the room before or after the hours above mentioned, where the Guest shall pay the extra charges as follows:
(1) Up to 3 hours: 25% of the Accommodation Charge
(2) Up to 6 hours: 50% of the Accommodation Charge
(3) More than 6 hours: 100% of the Accommodation Charge
The Guest shall comply with the House Regulations set forth by the Hotel, which are posted within the in-house telephone “handy.”
The rates of Accommodation Charges and other fees, with its breakdowns and explanations, are listed in the Annex 1.
The room chares and other fees shall be paid at the front casher desk at the time of departure, or upon request by the Hotel, in cash in Japanese Yen, or by other means accepted by the Hotel such as traveler’s checks, coupons or credit cards.
The Guest shall pay the Accommodation Charges, even if he/she does not use the room, once the Hotel makes the room available and offer it to him/her.
The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damages if the Hotel willfully or by negligence fails to perform the Accommodation Agreement.
The Hotel, and the building and fire protection facilities thereof, comply with the applicable laws and regulations and are properly maintained and operated. In addition, the Hotel is covered by a Hotel Liability Insurance against unexpected fires and/or other disasters.
The Hotel shall, if unable to provide a room in the Hotel, make its best effort to arrange accommodation of the same class as reserved in other hotels, subject to the consent of the Guest.
In the case where the Hotel is not able to arrange other accommodation, the Hotel shall pay the Guest as compensation the amount equivalent to the cancellation charges of the room reserved; provided, however, that the Hotel shall not be responsible for the compensation above if the Hotel is not able to provide accommodation due to causes not attributable to the Hotel.
The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any loss or damage caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited in the in-room safety box or at the front desk by the Guest, except for the case such loss or damage was caused by force majeure; provided, however, that the Hotel shall not compensate more than 150,000 Japanese Yen, in the case where the Hotel requested the Guest to inform the content and value thereof but the Guest failed to do so.
The hotel shall compensate the Guest for any loss or damage caused to goods, cash or valuables which are brought onto the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are rot deposited at the front desk, only if such loss or damage was caused intentionally by the Hotel or through gross negligence of the Hotel; provided, however, that the Hotel shall not compensate more than 150,000 Japanese Yen for any loss or damage of goods, cash and valuables, the content and value of which were not informed by the Guest to the Hotel in advance.
The Hotel will keep the baggage of the Guest brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, and hand it over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his/ her check-in, ONLY IF the Hotel was informed of such baggage and agreed to keep it in advance
Article 14 above shall be applied to the Hotel’s liability in relation to the Guest's baggage mentioned Article 15.1 above.
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Accommodation Tax does not apply to services other than accommodation, such as meals, entertainment or fees for rental of conference rooms. Charges are subject to change according to revisions of the tax laws applicable.
• The amount of the Cancellation Charge shall be calculated by multiply the amount of the Basic Accommodation Charge and the applicable percentage above.
• If the period of stay is shortened, the cancellation charge for one night shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of nights cancelled
• Please contact the Sales Reservation Office for our policy on partial cancellation of group reservation.